Are you passionate about community service? Do you want to help ensure that future generations of Hindu Americans live in a society where their traditions are respected? Want to join a cause that seeks to give voice to Hindus who are suffering around the world?
Below are the career opportunities we currently have available.
The Hindu American Foundation (HAF) is seeking a web content writer to be responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and posting content onto the HAF website. In addition, this position will be tasked with creating content for blogs/articles, white papers, policy briefs/fact sheets, press releases, and action alerts. The Content Writer should be able to follow editorial guidelines when creating content and be familiar with the latest SEO techniques. The Content Writer will also work closely with Senior Director, Communications to manage social media channels in developing content to support HAF’s mission and strategic objectives. Reports to Sr. Director, Communications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily posting of content to social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) for HAF.
- Create, develop, manage and post web content for HAF website, while meeting current Search Engine Optimization (SEO) standards.
- Ensure that the content written conveys the desired branding and messaging for the organization to uphold the reputation of HAF.
- Conduct in-depth research on relevant topics in order to develop original content.
- Develop content for blogs/articles, white papers, policy briefs/fact sheets, press releases, and action alerts.
- Proofread content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Edit and polish existing content to improve readability and to create derivative pieces.
- Create body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, or Political Science. 2-4 years writing experience required.
- Deep working knowledge of India and Hindu teachings, practices, and traditions.
- Strong research, writing, editing, and analytical skills.
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Fluency in online platforms such as Google, social networks, Zoom, etc.
- Works well in a close-knit team environment, but can complete tasks independently when necessary.
- Knowledge of public relations, technical writing, and editing online publications.
- Writing experience for non-profit.
- Working knowledge of principles and processes of web design.
- Cover letter.
- Two professional references (please include how long you have known the individual).
- Two Writing samples (up to 500 words, preferably on a policy issue, but not required; prior publications acceptable).
Click here to apply
We seek a Managing Director of Development to oversee our comprehensive fundraising activities with complete responsibility for developing, overseeing, and implementing comprehensive strategies for the Foundation’s financial sustainability and growth. This individual will work closely with our Executive Team on targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines. Our goal is to strengthen our development infrastructure, increase our visibility, and build new partnerships. Reporting to the Executive Director, this individual will focus on raising funds through individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, special events, foundations, and government grants. Additionally this individual will assist with the production, event marketing, and fundraising and will oversee donor cultivation events. The Managing Director of Development would be joining a small, hardworking and committed team and play an instrumental role in taking the organization into the future. Reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Required Skills
- Play a leadership role in building institutional giving and corporate matching programs.
- Research foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities and recommend prospects with the greatest potential and propose cultivation strategies including developing relationships with individuals and program officers.
- Examine HAF’s existing development portfolio and identify strengths to build upon and areas to improve.
- Develop and oversee implementation of a data-driven outreach plan.
- Identify and develop new markets as well as expanding current markets.
- Create and implement e-fundraising plans.
- Build or strengthen relationships with donors and represent HAF externally.
- Possess excellent project management skills for motivating and helping to guide cross-departmental teams.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to manage tasks independently, supported by weekly meetings with senior management team.
- Oversee the Senior Director of Philanthropic Partnerships regarding major gifts, planned giving, and donor directed gifts programs to acknowledge major donors and nurture continued giving.
- Keep Executive Director and HAF management informed of trends and key donor information.
- Bachelor’s degree a minimum, Masters preferred.
- 7+ years work experience in non-profit development required.
- Strong working knowledge with G-Suite and Google Analytics.
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP.
- Experience working in a close-knit team environment, but can complete tasks independently when necessary.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, bold, and ambitious.
Click here to apply
The Systems Administrator acts as technical resource to management and staff assisting in the operational support of the current environment and implementation of technology initiatives that align with the Firm’s overall strategic plan and its commitment to its staff and supporters. This position supports and maintains the firm’s Salesforce instance, manages integration of various systems, provides assistance with website maintenance and updates, and oversees G-suite. Reports to CFO/Managing Director.
- Must be Salesforce ADM-201 certified (experience with NPSP a plus).
- Experience with Lightning.
- Experience with Pardot or Marketing Cloud.
- Experience with WordPress and HTML.
- Experience with G-Suite.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes.
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Salesforce administrative and technical support and provide user training.
- Manage Users and Security profiles.
- Maintain and create: custom objects, workflows, validation rules and page layouts.
- Maintain and Create standard and ad-hoc reports/dashboards.
- Manage all integration projects, enhancements and data migration initiatives.
- Identify system issues and ensure resolution.
- Maintain Master Data Integrity; responsible for merging duplicates and establishing a methodology to keep the database clean.
- Enhance the SF experience by suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Customize Lightning experience for various teams.
- Experience with Process Builder a plus.
Pardot, Marketing Cloud, or similar marketing automation system that integrates with Salesforce
- Implement marketing automation.
- Improve segmentation practices.
- Assist with creation of e-blasts.
- Manage creation and deletion of new users.
- Manage groups and aliases.
- Set up and maintain Google Vault.
- Ensure security of all user accounts.
- Assist with management and updating of HAF’s WordPress sites.
- Build out special campaign sites or pages.
- Integration of systems as needed.
Click here to apply